National Cyber Summit
The 2017 National Cyber Summit will feature a special reception and ceremony on the evening of June 7, which will honor academic institutions that are being designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CD) certificates by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. In addition, attendees will hear from a variety of speakers on cybersecurity topics. This is an excellent networking event involving industry, government, and academic representatives.
NSA and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly sponsor the National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CD) Education (CAE-CDE), Two-Year Education (CAE-2Y) and Research (CAE-R) programs. The goal of these programs is to reduce vulnerability in our national information infrastructure by promoting higher education and research in CD and producing a growing number of professionals with CD expertise in various disciplines. Students attending CAE-CDE and CAE-R schools are eligible to apply for scholarships and grants through the Department of Defense Information Assurance Scholarship Program and the Federal Cyber Service Scholarship for Service Program. Designation as a Center does not carry a commitment for funding from NSA or DHS.
CAE-CD institutions receive formal recognition from the U.S. Government as well as opportunities for prestige and publicity for their role in securing our Nation’s information systems.
- 5:00 – 5:30 Buses transport guests to the USSRC
- 5:30 – 6:30 Reception
- 6:30 – 7:00 Opening Remarks
- Mayor Tommy Battle, City of Huntsville
- Dr. Rodney Robertson, National Cyber Summit Chair, Cyber Huntsville
- Reception Sponsor, TBD
- Reception Speaker
- TBD – NSA
- 7:00 – 8:00 NSA/DHS National Centers of Academic Excellence Certificate Presentation
- 8:00 – 9:00 Buses return guests to the VBC
- Bus Ride Provided by the US Space & Rocket Center
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm Buses transport guests to the USSRC Davidson Center
- The USSRC buses will be available at the South Hall Entrance between the VBC and Embassy Suites beginning at 5:00 pm. For those that wish to drive to the USSRC Davidson Center, there will be adequate parking at the Davidson
- 8:00 – 9:00 pm Buses return guests to the Von Braun Center. The South Hall parking lot will remain open until after the reception at the Davidson Center for attendees that take the bus.